Uniform mixing of ingredients in powder form

Hello Bromos, I am developing nutritional powder that can be mixed with water or milk as like Bournvita, complan etc.

In the mix, I have to add artificial sweetener in mgs. Which method I have to follow so that individual product contains noted amount of sweetener when prepared in bulk?

It would be easy in liquid beverages. Everything gets dissolved properly. How about proper mixing of ingredients in powders?

Please help me.

Thank you in advance :smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

You need to mix the properly dosed microingredients with 5 to 10 parts of the largest ingredient like sugar or other carbohydrate in the formula. Once its intimately blended, you blend it with remaining ingredients to form the final blend .
Others do it in three stages ,where the second stage is to blend the blended microingredients with part of bulk ingredient intimately, then finally blending with the remainder of the bulk ingredients for the final dry mix.

3 Likes

@Roy
Thank you so much for your information :smiling_face:

And also, Any technique or instruments are used for the same?

2 Likes

@Swati_Gavimath
If you truly understand my statement, you xan easily adapt and improvise on any equipment available to you.

3 Likes

Thank you for your responses​:smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

With this type of machine you can uniformly mix the minute ingredients with either maltodextrine, dextrose or sugar as the case maybe.

3 Likes

A similar mixer like Stephan VCM does the same homogenous mixing…

Thats what I use in the lab often to do pilot scale homogeneous mixing All dry mix, fat or oil containing mixes, lumpy mixes …etc…

2 Likes

Follow the serial dilution method where you mix the smallest dose of ingredient to the next larger one homogeneously in a blender, then mix this homogenized mixture with the next larger ingredients.

1 Like

What volume of powder are you mixing?
What is your smallest batch size of pre mix?
What is your largest batch size of pre mix?
What equipment do you currently have?
Please can you confirm the components in your powder blend?
You can send me an email on
[email protected]

1 Like