What is the secret to making good chocolates?

What is the secret to making good chocolates ?

Good ingredients and love ! :smile:

3 Likes

I think it is about conching and tempering style. We can understand it by comparing Switzerland chocolate with others.

1 Like

Compounds have a general use in food industry.

What is trying to be achieved with the use of compound is to offer a ready to use solution to the producer.

The main characteristic of a compound is stability.

For example in the case that you want to avoid the oily phase of a final product a good idea is to use a compound which contains the needed oils of your formulation. Using the compound, you achieve the breaking down of the oil phase and by the addition of stabilizers like gums the prevention of the the reforming of the oil phase for a certain amount of time.

3 Likes

Chocolate ingredients and Process conditions have effected last quality. The story has started from Cocoa bean source and Process which can change characteristic deeply. You should decide which one is good for your recipe…

2 Likes

First you should know what you are going to make. There 2 types of chocolate. One is real chocolate which contains cocoa butter and 2nd is compound chocolate which contains vegetable fat, not cocoa butter.
For making compound chocolate use 1 percent lecithin or emulsifiers with cocoa powder, sugar and water.

1 Like

No, you can not use water in compound or chocolate.

1 Like

chocolate don’t like water in case during purchasing all ingredients you should focus on water content of ingredient

2 Likes

When I was in Thailand, there had chocolate which does not melt at over 30 degrees. Do somebody know how they do it? Decreasing the oil level?

Yeah. It is possible. Most likely they used a special modified cocoa butter that contains largely saturated fatty acids. Or they use some special fats that contain largely stearic acids .

4 Likes

Some food trends are bs, some are legit. When it comes to single origin chocolate, it is actually the real deal. The taste is more complex imo. The company I work for made 5 SKUs of a luxury chocolate from 4 origins and they all taste pretty different - all really good lol

1 Like

Compound Chocolate, good chocolate it depend upon its recipe like accurate amount milk powder, cocoa powder (cocoa powder process like Alkalize cocoa powder) and fat (CBS & CBR) or its ration, processing temperature and require Conching.

1 Like

That must be because of hydrogenated fat application with a few percentage of Sodium alginate or agar agar thickener or stabilizer

2 Likes

@endospores Good answer. Thank you.

1 Like

Yes, its true Conching effects the quality of refined milk chocolate.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for your answers. Could you explain please what conching is exactly?

1 Like

@goldalex
I will discourage myself from answering such question as I will not do justice for you to find the answer yourself…and develop your initiative.

If you read it from the web on chocolate processing, or chocolate manufacturing books ,you can get a very detailed explanation including the history about CHOCOLATE CONCHING…It will explain.everything you want to know about it more than a brief answer from a poster here…
Got it.?

2 Likes

Can you explain the role of water?

As I know water is harmful for chocolate.

1 Like

@DigambarGosavi water will cause the chicolate to thicken …so its not required in chocolate

3 Likes

Water is harmful to chocolate. To qualify as chocolate, the product has to contain a minimum amount of chocolate liquor. https://food-technologist.biz/ - more information about industry standards.

1 Like