Need help with protein bar recipe for business

I’m sorry for lot’s of questions
What you suggest sir?
Thank you

1 Like

No problem.

this job is not easy but i believe you can.
Can you share photos about your work ?
Do you heat igredients before mix with syrup ?

2 Likes

You should make this job with a helper to be fast.

2 Likes

Yes I have photos but I don’t know how to upload them to the forum I will try
No I don’t heat other ingredients because it has a whey protein powder which the flavor and texture will be bad I only use oatmeal and whey protein powder along with the syrup
Other ingredients I will add later like peanut butter flavor or chocolate chips for decorating
Also the 25 % syrup is not enough to combine ingredients
75 % oatmeal and whey protein powder
25 % sugar and glucose syrup

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Do you suggest other form of syrup that will help combine the bars and long shelf life?

1 Like

hello,

your application style is wrong.

you should mix all ingredients in the pan which you melted sugar + glucose syrup.

and you need to heat other ingredients because if they cold , they cool the sugar + glucose mix so you can not make a dough.

You can input ingredient in a oven to heat them when you started to melting syrup

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the help
I will correct my mistakes

3 Likes

Dear Sir sorry for lot’s of questions
What other options I can do for shelf life and binding the bars
I’m not able to use sugar and glucose syrup this way requires heating the other ingredients which I don’t want to do due to whey protein powder get burned
I’m trying to minimize the process as possible

Do you suggest other syrup like sugar and water and glucose syrup?
Or any other syrup form
Plain sugar + glucose syrup is difficult for me
I really need your help
Again I’m sorry for to much requests

3 Likes

i think long shelf life is second step. firstly you should make the bar.

you can try honey as binding ingredient or a similar syrup. Also you can use them without cooked but this makes your bar so soft.

3 Likes

Very true I will focus on the bars right now then see what you suggest for preservatives
For me cooking the syrup using water or something similar to honey because honey effect cost
I’m planning to similar to the production line in the YouTube link

Note
This man is using date past and cashew butter
I don’t want to use dates to my recipe
I imagine I cook the syrup then add to the mixer to make a dough then I move to trays to make decorations and set it to cool
Then move it to cutting and Packaging
What do you think?

6 Likes

Also I tried honey but I cooked honey first didn’t measure what C degree but it took around 5 minutes then I added the dry ingredients to it
And form the bar and let it cool on room temperature
The bar texture is good but little bit hard
I used
50 g dry ingredients
40 g cooked honey
So the syrup is 90% to the Dry ingredients

2 Likes

true process.

1 Like

90% ?. it should be 40/90 . also do not forget water content of honey which evaporated.

3 Likes

Hey @1992.tariq ,
While it is great that you are working on the product side of the business, don’t forget about the documentation and legal side of things. Those are just where a lot of products get hung up and stop you from getting to the market. Just “food” for thought.
Mark

3 Likes

instead of glucose syrup you can use HMCS or HFCS this is similar sweeter as glucose and this is less viscous then glucose, so i think it will work better…

3 Likes

I want a texture like this one stable and chewi with no bake require

2 Likes

Very true
Product is just one side
I’m only focusing on the product at the moment I enjoy and love food processing and coming up with healthy snacks substitutions
Another important side in business is the marketing and its very important

Your actions.
1- Table sugar should cover 25% of the total product. When you bring the boiling temperature to 150 degrees with 20% water to put in table sugar, add 0.015% citric acid. citric acid should be diluted with water.When syrup temperature reaches 150 degrees Celsius should be lowered over the fire.
2- Oatmeal and whey protein syrup prepared into the container prepared by pouring hot as a homogeneous mixture is provided quickly. After the mixture is provided, it is provided to cool down quickly by spreading on cold clean ground or pouring into molds.
If the product is not desired to be hard and brittle, 0.001% alpha tekoperol and glycerol may be added to the product in the same ratio. both the shelf life of the product is prolonged and the desired flexibility is provided.

5 Likes