What is the differences between HACCP and HARPC?

Hello dear food science lovers :slight_smile:

I am waiting your opinions about topic.

What is the differences between HACCP and HARPC ?

6 Likes

They are both food safety standards based on prevention, but they do differ on execution. The three conventional types of hazards that are addressed in the HACCP plans physical, chemical and biological are accompanied by many more concerns in HARPC plans.
Radiation, natural toxions, pesticides, drug residuce, decomposition, parasites, allergens, unapproved food or color activities, naturally accuring hazards and intentionally and unintentionaly introduced hazards round out the list of HARPC related hazards.

10 Likes

I just started to learn about HARPC. The main difference, as I understand, is that the risk assessment in HACCP is made in the presence of preventive controls and HARPC in the absence of it. In HACCP you control risk and in HARPC you prevent it. HARPC, for me, is more strict or requires more work before implementation to identify more risks, HACCP requires more work after implementation related to nonconformities and corrective actions. I am still learning both models, I used to work with HACCP, now, I will start with HARPC. I hope read more about this topic in the blog.

6 Likes

Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) are essentially designed to ensure that food is manufactured, processed, packaged and stored in sanitary conditions to prevent post-process contamination in order to ensure that the food is safe, wholesome, and without visible quality deterioration.While
The HARPC plan has a similar concept and goal, but the approach is different from cGMP and HACCP, as HARPC enforces preventive controls in order to identify potential risks or threats to the food supply and to implement appropriate corrective actions proactively to prevent contamination.

4 Likes