Food safety and manufacturing GPM

Can any help me with guidance on how to write a food safety report for a fictitious food manufacturing company or where I could find examples, please?

2 Likes

Hello @Grace_Hickson

Can you give us additional details please ?

Thank you for your response. So, some information regarding the company is given about their hygiene standards, control of stock rotation and general maintenance and I’m acting as a safety inspector who has to report my findings and give recommendations on how to improve the business. Accept I don’t know how to structure the report as I’ve never written a safety report before.

But you should have a checklist and a report format to make a audit . How did you perform the audit ?

I didn’t, it was already given :sweat:

hımm,
What about was the audit ? For example ISO 22000 or BRC ? Or ?

It’s ISO. I’m just not sure how or where to start, if I need to write an Introduction and if so, how many words.

to help you we need more details about your audit. There are a lot of standards or organizations about food safety.

Hi @Grace_Hickson,
There isn’t any hard and fast rule to write a safety report. You can build your own template and use simple language and findings if you want to.
There are few suggestions which I hope you will find beneficial in writing safety report.

1. Make check list. (you can metion safety checks in the list. For example, Chemicals toxicity, Expiry of ingredients, Analysis reports etc)
  2. Try to cover each and every risk of hazards in your check list. (You can search for critical control points in the process)
  3. Mark the check list daily and give your comments about the safety or condition of specific parameter/ingredient/chemical/process in the next column
  4. Summarize the check list in form of points in your own words at the end of the day and keep it as a record. It would help you to keep an eye that sutuation is getting better or worse
  5. Must read legal copy of ISO 22000 and try to implement every clause of standard in your Industry by making check list, even if your industry is not ISO 22000 certified.
  6. At the end of the report you can give your recommendations by making a separate box in the template.
1 Like