What preservative can be used in papadum, papad

I own a papad manufacturing plant in Rajasthan, India. I want to know which type of preservative I can use to increase it’s shelf life.
Papad are prone to fungi, color changes to red, flour come out of papad when it’s dry.
Thanks

2 Likes

Hello,

I do not know about anything about this food. Can you give some information about it ? Ingredients, process, shelf life, storage conditions etc.

1 Like

can you please share the ingredients using for the preparation of papad?

2 Likes

There are so many papad recipes in the web…please do some web search…

1 Like

It’s a flatbread, made using legumes namely lentil flour, chickpea flour or others, and baking soda. Usually available in the dry form (appx 5cm dia).Fried in oil just before use, got a crispy, cracky texture. Seen as starters in Indian restaurants. Various versions are currently available these days, that meet the customer requirements such as adding spices, cumins, dried ingredients like leafy bits etc etc. Health conscious people consider this as unhealthy since it is deep fried. But hard to resist having those in front of you!! Recently I saw them even available in a packaging that looks like the Pringles packet.

1 Like

When I traveled to India years ago.I saw many vesions of papad varying according to regions.Often it’s the ighter colored ones I see in in street foods and eateries which is common in the southern India state of Tamil Nadu Karnataka and Kerala.
.Its a crispy round thin wafer that is fried and served as accompaniment in Indian meals …
It’s often prepared as dried biscuit like disc with varying diameters made from gram flour, lentils spices salt .Not really that difficult to formulate and many Indians had their own heirloom recipes for it.
It just fried in oil which allows it to expand bit

1 Like

There is a preservative manufacturer in rajkot called Royal Chemicals they specially make preservatives for papad

1 Like