What are the best way to improve my current crispy snack?

Hello, everyone!

I would greatly appreciate your advice and help in improving my crispy snack production process and packaging. Here are some specific issues I’m facing:

1. Oiliness on the surface: After frying and baking, my snack tends to appear oily. Are there any methods or techniques to reduce this oily appearance?
  2. Shelf life extension: My target shelf life is between 6-12 months. Are there specific food preservatives or natural additives you recommend that could help extend the shelf life while maintaining product quality?
  3. Packaging concerns: I plan to use silica gel packets in my packaging to maintain crispness. However, I’m concerned that the silica gel packets may come into direct contact with the oily surface of my snack. Could this affect the product, and are there better alternatives for moisture control?

1.After frying ,its supposed to be transferred to draining screen compartment where its spun like a centrifuge to remove excess oil.
2.Shelf life is influenced by the moisture content which should not be higher than 2%and if possible your frying oil should contain antioxidant like TBHQ, BHA, etc ,seach your country’s food regulations about approved food additives for fried goods.
3. Packaging is preferably opaque foil laminate type with nitrogen injections to minimize oxidation influenced spoilage.

1 Like