New product development

Hi guys . I studied food science and technology and cant get a job,may you please help with ideas of a product development i can produce thus creating my own job .
Please HELP

2 Likes

What are some raw materials that is available in plenty at your place? Just to start with

3 Likes

You have to check your environment and check for the product they needed most, afterwards check on the availability of the raw materials for the product

4 Likes

Due to an unstable country most raw materials are being exported from other counties but what am really sure can get are fruits

1 Like

Apply ‘Design Thinking’ for this project, and the end result with be great

2 Likes

What’s design thinki

Its a method of working with projects in multidimensional point of view.
Can be applied to any kind of projects.

2 Likes

Design thinking is a human centered approach to innovation and problem.solving using specific tools which often are people focused that can bring success in a particular business…Too much emotion involved here…
Technically I prefer the old fashioned impersonal. , probabilistic and statistical methods of design of experiments ( DOE) ,mathematical modeling and statistical process control, etc in solving technical problems

3 Likes

If you can get fruits as raw materials, two ideas came up to me:
1- ready to drink natural juice: I recommend to extract the juice by cold press technology and then fill bottles with hot fill process.
2- healthy snacks: simply dehydrated fruits
Hope it helps!

4 Likes

Where are you from?
We may help each other in this work and work together

2 Likes

Hi Vic,

Both popular products.

Praise is from Zimbabwe, fruits are a plenty 12 months a year, good citrus Mazoe oranges for juicing and good Mango for drying. Tropical fruits are plenty too for a sheeted minced rolled sugared thin log style. These can be purchased from street vendors not been able to sell a bruised fruit for the day. Thank you for assisting.

2 Likes

Vic idea has promise, there is a drive to use fruit that vendors can’t sell in South Africa and then turn it into products like refrigerated juice beverage in 200ml Sacchet, but simpler non refrigeration products can be attempted.

2 Likes

It really does thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Brilliant approach thank you so much. Will run with your idea and also vic’s

1 Like