Mango juice Oxidation Problem

Six months shelf life Mango juice with 12% Mango pulp is getting oxidised note with in 4 months after adding Ascorbic acid also. Please help out to resolve the issue.

1 Like

How did you detect oxidation? Which analyse with?

What is packaging material and storage conditions?

1 Like

Biochemically
Fruit juices are susceptible to oxidation due to the presence of phenolase enzymes which reacts with oxygen creating enzymatic browning and off flavors…Ascorbicacid is supposed to prevent that by binding oxygen and reducing the ascorbicacid to inactive dehydroascorbic acid
…Further fruit juice if packed with enougj head space certainly are exposed to more oxygen which promotes more degradation. That should be also addressed.
There is a new natural flavonoid that is reputedly food safe and had exceptional antioxidant property called dihydroquercetin.What is interesting this material commonly called Taxifolin is synergistic in its activity with ascorbic acid and its recommended dose for pure material in beverages is 20 ppm.
The question is ,that already approved in your state food regulation.?

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your reply. I will check the taxifolin regulation in my country

1 Like

EDTA is useful as antioxidant in beverages. If you prefer a natural solution I’ve tried rosemary extract with great results in orange juice.

Protect the juice from light and storage refrigerated are also good tips to improve shelf life and prevent oxidation.

2 Likes

is there any alternative for taxifolin?

1 Like

What is the cobcebtration of edta and rosemary extract used?

1 Like