Gummies with tapioca syrup and raw cane sugar with HM pectin

why tapioca and raw cane sugar mix solidifies immediately after adding pectin without the citric acid

1 Like

Explain in detail what you’re doing…

1 Like

I’m developing a functional gummy using raw brown cane sugar , tapioca syrup , HM pectin as ingredients. I tried developing but ended in non pourable mixture because sugar and syrup mixture(high and low concentration respectively) gets solidified immediately after cooling down without pectin. further I reheated the mixture to liquify but immediately after addition of pectin mixture turns out to be jam like consistency without adding acid

question is how to keep sugar, tapioca syrup and pectin mixture in batter like consistency prior to molding

1 Like

whats your total solids after syrup boiling ?

1 Like

90 brix ,should i use water to make them up to lower

1 Like

also how to make pectin remain liquid for a few long minutes

1 Like

80 brix maximum.is enough…as you still.had to add thickener like starch and pectin.
In some cases the gelling agents like thin boiling starch is added at the start of the boil.
You cant just use any starches but whats specific for gummies.

1 Like

i added sodium citrate to keep the pectin solution in liquid state, but after molding with citric acid gummy remained too soft.

1 Like

please suggest the recipe and methodology for the ingredients tapioca syrup, raw cane sugar, pectin, and how to use citric acid and sodium citrate in developing gummies

1 Like

Why do you make it
43 DE glucose syrup, Granulated white sugar, pectin or even thin boiling starch, then cook it up…

2 Likes

@mycoman
Here is simple recipe for starch gummy.
Combine 42 parts glucose( 43DE) with 42 parts granulated sugar, Add 52 parts water and cook to
boiling.
In another container, Combine 12 parts of thin boiling starch and 52 parts water then pour it into theboiling syrup and cook to at least 76Brix .Then Deposit on molding starch, Dry to 78% solids or Brix.
Add flavor, color and citric acid according to your needs.

2 Likes

@mycoman
Practice with basic recipe for gummy before you embark on complicated recipes with your ingredients…
FYI.Raw sugar is tricky to use due to its high contents of reducing sugar.
check the specs of your tapioca syrup if it has the same quality as standard glucose syrup.

1 Like

which pectin is suitable large batch HM or LM because i don’t want to get mixture solidify immediately.

1 Like

@mycoman

DONT BE IMPATIENT…:grimacing:
. …As I said familiarize yoursef with basic recipe before you try your recipe so you can understand the mechanics of gummy production.!
If you cant wait go on play with your ingredients ass much AS YOU WANT…!!!

1 Like

thanks roy

1 Like

hello @Roy I have done developing recipe achieved the desired texture, but I am lagging in two steps that is unable to mold properly cause i have used medium rapid set pectin( only available source) and too much air bubbles inside the gummy. please help me out in controlling pH without reducing acid content, i even tried sodium citrate to buffer the pectin( added initially to the pectin mixture ) i could not achieve pouring into the mold

1 Like

You still did not listen…start with starch not with pectin…As
You dont understand how gummies should behave in.the actual setting process and you’re still stibborn to insist on your ingredients…:roll_eyes:
Go on keep playing with your ingredients without learning the basics of gummy technology.

2 Likes