Extract oil from dry chilli

shyam-n5epMMlUUNo-unsplash (1)

Is it possible to extract oil from dry chilli, by using a deoiling machine, and if it is, can you explain the process?

1 Like

DEOLING machine function by centrifugal force forcing loose oil from fried snacks.
Chili or hot peppers have tightly bound oleoresin that can’t be extracted by such process.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, what application is targeted with this oil? Thanks

1 Like

@Roy , I agree with you. I do not think dried chili peppers fall into the application area of ​​the deoiling machine.

1 Like

For Cooking mainly

Cut up finely and oil infuse, the chilli into a warm vegetable oil.

1 Like

But if it is commercial?

Commercial for which food, and why?

In Asian cuisine it is finely chopped and used.

1 Like

If you want Industrial method then its solvent extraction with hydrocarbons or supercritical CO2 extraction. You can check the industrial chemistry books and the web.

1 Like

In Nigeria, Chilli oil is sold in bulk quantity, for cooking and other reasons

2 Likes

Chili oil can be easily be made at home with no need fior industrial equipment that needs consider investment.
The chefs has been doing that for centuries by heating oil and chili peppers until the chili essence is extracted.

2 Likes

Thank you @Tolulope - great information.
I shall now check if its seen here as well, probably never noticed…
thanks

2 Likes

May be these days, restaurants need clear oil for their purpose. Also too many central kitchens, and restaurants are probably considering a lot of ready to cook items moving away from traditional methods. Finally all these affect our health and quality of life.
In another 10 years, probably our homes will have no kitchen i think!!! will be replaced by another name or just call it as ‘pantry’.

1 Like

Extracts used for making seasoning. Flavour of taste maker of noodles or a flavoured potato chip an example.

3 Likes

we produce chili oil by this patented technology: www.cmykingredients.com/spice-herbs
it is not easy but possible. The documents are all food package, 100% organic
Please inquire if interested to try. Produced in Bulgaria. 150 different usages in cooking and food production

2 Likes

Atchaar Mango oil is chilli and paprika oleoresin in a veg oil. Effective way to get your hot oil for home cooking, pickling.

1 Like

Commercial oleoresin production is a combination, mechanical grinding, steam extraction , Solvent extraction , removal of Solvent. Standardizing according to strength.

2 Likes

Hi Tolulope,

This practice is wide amongst Sub Sahara African consumers. Much loved and a great way to add flavour and function to a dish. Noddles have the same oil sachet in some flavours.

2 Likes

Asian style of using dried chilli

2 Likes