Dairy Free whip Topping

Dear Community,

I Would like to get some insights on whipped topping (Dairy free).
Are there simpler ways to know which emulsifiers work together?

1. What are usual emulsifiers which help in increased rosette time ?
  2. What are usual emulsifiers which help in decreasing rosette time ?
  3. What are stabilizers ? destabilizers that help in bowl stability.
    Need to know the commonly known ingredients used.

I know that these information is available online but somehow they don’t work practically. Need guidance basis forum members experience.

Note: Fat is less than 15-17%… There is no scope to increase.

Thanks is advance

1 Like

I do not understand exactly what you mean, but I conducted research with emulsifiers alternative to dairy and animal (egg yolk). There are solutions on the market that allow emulsification with modified starch. This is how, for example, gla vegan cheeses are made. The product is called N-creamer 2111. If you want, I have 200 kg left over from my research work. Poland.

2 Likes

The best source of information are whipping agent manufacturers like Palsgaard and Danisco…They will provide you with exact emulsifier blend for your intended product…
AFAIK…the best emulsifiers for such purpose are acetem and lactem or acetylated and lactylated monoglycerides along propylene glycol monostearate, .for stiff well aerated foam…

1 Like

Thank you for your response !
I am not looking for emulsifier substitute.
I need emulsifiers that are commonly used for increased rosette time and good bowl stability.

1 Like

I am not talking about emulsifiers substitute either but the actual emulsifiers for whipped topping .
The suppliers I mentioned are known experts in that field and they can provide with precise materials for your needs…

1 Like

Thank you for your response !.
We make our own Emulsifiers blend, hence need information on individual ingredients that help with increased rosette time and stability.

1 Like

l am not telling you about substitutes but real emulsifiers…Contact those companies I mentioned…

1 Like

I think there is been a confusion …,
1.Earlier reply was for @KamilPL Who has emulsifier substitute (modified starch) … Which I do not want.
2. Roy - I do know these companies you have mentioned (and i do not need their blend). I am asking if any one here knows about what goes into these blends …as i want to make my own.
Insights on commonly used individual ingredients (there are many) functionality is appreciated.

1 Like

@Food27

LOL…from.your post there are lots of gaps in your knowledge which will make it difficult for you to achieve your goal…but you are still too proud to claim you know the subject.:joy::joy:?

I gave the list of emulsifier that facilitated stiffer foam and enable you to form stable shapes .
but avoided it

Now as there are lots of holes in your whipped topping knowledge i gave you experts firms in the field to assist you in. your project to reach your goal faster and easier and you vehemently dont want to do with it.?

Okay so you really dont want assistance from real experts in that field…

Okay let see how your Hubris can assist you in your project…!

1 Like

I thank you for your feedback… i have considered your suggestions (and will try them too).
Does this mean - If @Roy replies its the end of the question ?
Looking for all suggestions not restricted to Roy’s.

1 Like

Hello @Food27

We can help you create a bespoke blend for your end application. We have worked on something similar in the past and it indeed very challenging to get the florettes to set.

You would need to create a blend for the specific fat content.

High melting HPKO and glucose syrup are your friends in this case - however your fat content is quite low to get a decent result.

2 Likes

@Nicolas_Tsisios1
I agree with you there, thats the same thing I experienced two decades ago when formulating whip topping premixes…Fat content had a significant effect in foam stiffnesss. and stability…Thats Why recommend to work with companies that are expert in thst field fir challenging formulation…

1 Like

An update:
I have got the results i am looking for !
Have used combination of HPKO and HPKS Fat.
Also, did the tweaks in the stabilizer to destabilizer emulsifiers ratio basis HLB Values.
Also, Fat content is >18%.
Thanks all for your inputs !

1 Like

hi
Can you explain how you calculated the ratio between the stabilizer and destabilizer emulsifiers?
Thanks

1 Like

Hey,
Following your question,
1.You will need to first identify the emulsifiers you are using - (categorize which are stabilizer / destabilizer).
2.Each will have an HLB Value. - Available on net.
3.Basis how much you use in your formulation you will get its value. (example: if you use 3.5 % of HPMC having HLB value of 11 will contribute to 0.38 HLB in your recipe. [3.5*11/100 = 0.38]. FYI - HPMC is stabilizer
4. Do this for all and separately for stabilizer and destabilizer and total them.
5. Stabilizer divided by destabilizer then will give you your HLB Value.
6. Best results observed when its between 2 to 5.
P:S - Also it helps you choose your right ingredients as HLB shows the ingredients properties - like Oil/water soluble, oil in water etc.
It worked for me after many permutations , hope it helps for you !

3 Likes

Common emulsifiers used in whipped toppings include mono- and diglycerides, lecithin, and polysorbates. These emulsifiers can help increase the rosette time, or the amount of time the whipped topping can hold its shape, by helping to stabilize the foam.

Stabilizers such as carrageenan, xanthan gum, and gelatin can also be used to increase rosette time and improve the overall stability of the whipped topping.

On the other hand, if you want to decrease the rosette time, you can use destabilizers such as high sugar content, high humidity, high temperature or high acidity.

It’s important to note that the ingredients and their proportions used in the whipped toppings will vary depending on the desired texture and stability, as well as the fat content. Since you have less than 15-17% of fat, it will be challenging to make stable whipped topping, I would recommend consulting with food scientists or experts in the field for more detailed guidance on how to improve your recipe."

1 Like