Why people chose other pea for research rather than soy?

While i think soy is the best source and easy to grow and super cheap, but the problem is always on the bad beany flavour. Even it’s hard to find ISP that taste good. While other isolate protein from other pea taste really good.

So far heat or alkaline treatment does reduce the beany flavour, but still can’t help this comodity to reach it’s full potential, and people still easily detect the beany flavour. (or maybe the bad falvour is not just caused by the enzyme?)

Shouldn’t it be a better research about it, from post harvest to food processing? I wonder why is it seems like an unattractive topic to research on this field?

It totally depends on what you are trying to make out of soy bean.
In the market this beany flavour (hussle) has been overcome to a greater extent , as to my research which was conducted even >15 years ago.
To the chalky/ beany / astringent taste, efforts were also made during that time to find the astringent threshold of each isoflavones etc.
Even the big machinery / packaging company worked closely to overcome this beany flavour, as they too wanted to have as many soy products in the market (and popularly drinks at that time).
SPI has its own benefits and it is again a huge market now for vegan meat producers. Overall soy protein will remain in demand though people are trying to explore pea, chickpea, faba bean and others.

Hi @nanoscientist , thank you for your respond.
I am making soymilk.
I have try temperature and pH to cancel enzymatic reaction but it still taste like soy when i test it in the market it’s really hard to sell soy products without massive flavor masking.

May i know the title or link journal of your research from 15 years ago?