What is the process we use to create activated cake emulsifier powder?

Hi, I’m Evan

I came to Palsgaard’s website and found their activated cake emulsifier powder and I interested in it. Do you know what process to make it? Is it spray-drying or mixing or any other process?

1 Like

You should read the Palsgaard patent in the European Patent files to get first hand information.

2 Likes

What is the patent’s number?

try

1 Like

Search palagaard patents and check it individually thats related to emulsifier technology.

1 Like

I had read the Palsgaard flyer about their cake mix emulsifier which are exclusively made by extrusion process.
I use to deal with them decade’s back using their emulpals series of emulsifiers which is very efficient.
i once had a conversation with one of their technical people that they produce the emulpals by twin screw extrusion and it was a patented process they say but forget the patent details…
The principle is simply a mixture of rice flour/ surfactants either E475 alone , or blended with E471 where once extruded its forms a granular particles where the surfaces and cereal interstices contains the alpha ( or activated functional form of the emulsifier) in ready to use free flowing cereal based granules.
Certainly it contains ions like hexametaphosphates and similar materials which facilitate the activation and stabilization process during extrusion.

4 Likes

Wow, you explain it thoroughly!

Thank you very much Roy! I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Yeah, very impressive

1 Like

Hi Roy,

is a simple mixing method instead of extrusion possible?

1 Like

Nope…you cant have intimate adsorption of the emulsifiers molecules on the starch surface by plain mixing…

2 Likes