Procedure to make vegan vitamin gummies with pectin

I want to make vegan vitamin gummies by using pectin any one have detail procedure?

1 Like

Do you have know-how for standard pectin gummies?

1 Like

you should read the book of Sugar confectionery and chocolate msnufacture by Lees and Jackson they have recipes for pectin gimm8es thst yiu use for yilour project
As well as Confectionery Science and Technology by Richard Hartel to familiarize yourself with that Technology.
Another good book from Silesia those books I mention are available here

https://www.datasweet.info/online-store/books/sugar-technology/

4 Likes

kindly provide brief procedure

1 Like

You can speak to these companies , they all will give you samples , detailed procedure and may also send tneir technical people to help you with the trials.
Cargill
Danisco
Krishna pectins
Hesbreith and fox.

3 Likes

Hi,
i’m looking for the same thing. Did you manage to get detailled procedure ?

1 Like

Thoss books I mentioned have detailed procedure for pectin gummies.

1 Like

My background is not in food science but I have a F&B and Culinary degree and 20+ years experience. The world of gummies is new to me. I never realized how tricky gummies could be when manufacturing them on a large scale. I work for a small manufacturer. The SOP’s I work with as far as gummies go produce more of what I would consider a pate de fruit. I have the Confectionery Science and Technology book and just purchased the other book you recommended for pectin gummies. The current formula uses both inverted sugar and tapioca syrup. I feel like the inverted sugar is unnecessary and it would be more cost effective to use 42/43 corn syrup. Am I wrong in thinking this or is there something else I should be using?

Formulas are not written in stone …You can modify it according to your needs…

1 Like

I just received the Sugar Confectionery and Chocolate Manufacture book. Thank you for recommending it in this thread. It definitely answers all the questions I’ve been having regarding different issues I’ve been having with our pectin gummy formula. Although the equipment in the book is dated being printed in 1973, the information is on point.

1 Like

In many food manufacturing systems the processing fundamentals and quality standards are already established decades ago and issues are already identified .So whether youre an old timer or a newcomer in the field you just have to follow those systems