Ohmic heating

Hello everyone, for my thesis, I need to install an ohmic heating device, but there should be no gap between the electrodes and the test cell when creating the device.

Would it be appropriate for me to use latch-type tortures for this? Or what kind of torture should I use? Or is it possible for me to do this with another tool other than torture?

1 Like

Can you share a photo with us if possible?

I don’t have a photo, but imagine a rectangular box. Consider a sheet made of stainless steel inside the short sides. My goal is that there is no gap between the plate and the box. How can I do that. I hope I could tell.

i got it, thank you.

What is your box material? Plexiglass or? I understand that you can not paste it to box wall with a glue or with similar thing. Am i right?

Tortures may not be a good solution. Imo, you should design a special box for your project.

What i understood from your description :slight_smile:

Yes, you got it right. The box is normal plastic. Yes, I cannot paste it. I may need to remove and check after each experiment. What is Imo?

How to make the connection between the problem box and the stainless steel plate? Alternative current will be given to these stainless plates and short circuit should not occur.

I mean in my opinion :slight_smile:

You want zero gap between plate and wall, true?

Yes it is true

Will you buy the box or build it by yourself?

Yes ı will buy the box. I will install it myself.

you can design your box and order it as suitable for your project.

http://www.tabelatrend.com/pleksi-diger-urunler-7.html

i drew a sample box :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You are perfect. Thank you so much. :ok_hand::blush:

1 Like

Any requirement for temperature moniroting?

k type thermocouple data logger

Thermalcouple is conducting, not good for ohmic/electric heating. Suggest to use fiber optic temperature sensors which are none conducting, complete immunity to microwave and radio frequencies, strong resistance to corrossion, is able to be placed onto the specific location for direct & real time monitoring. With data logger and software, the temperature data can be transfered to your compture and form report automatically.

Thanks for your suggestion. Using fiber optic temperature sensors can prevent corrosion and make it more resistant. But the fiber optic temperature sensor is more costly than thermocouple. And finding a suitable data logger is difficult and may require an additional cost. So I aim to provide electrical insulation with Teflon tape to prevent electrical transmission from thermocouple.

We’re China’s leading fiber optic sensing solution provider, and we have very suitable solution available which is able to make your research & experiment much simple. Price is also very costwise and we’re offering educational discount. We had supplied many units to universities and research labs, so welcome to contact me at [email protected] if there is any interest.