Manufacturing of - non dairy ice cream

Hi,

We are planning to manufacture NON - DAIRY ICE CREAM, would like to get some input on the market of the product and also the process for the same.

Looking forward for some positive response.

Thanks & regards

Namaste,
Jitesh Shah

i think it is good idea. the products can be prefered by people who has allergic to milk and vegans.

2 Likes

i think you should use vegetable fat, glucose and other ice cream stabilizer… and in indian market so many company was use this type of method/ingredient/process for making nondairy ice cream…

Hii… we prepared non dairy ice cream last year in my 3rd year project and thankfully it was a success…we use Aqua Faba as our ice cream base which is actually the residue water in which chickpeas are boiled as it contain a very good whipping property if being whipped at chilled temperature or semi frozen form.As a stabilizer we used 0.1% guar plus xanthum gum sugar as a sweetner and coconut milk for fat although it doesnot contain 30% fat which is must for an icecream to be called ice cream and desired flavour and color. ( If you use canned unsalted Aqua faba it will be great) and use lemon or cream of tarter ( dicalcium phosphate to stabilize firm peaks).

2 Likes

Most non dairy ice cream uses Hardened palm kernel ojl( HPKO) which has sharp melting point below 35C which favors quick flavor release You should look at that area.The fat type is critical in non dairy ice cream and certainly the Patent files would provide you with relevant information in that area.

Can you provide details about ur project on non dairy icecream

Hi sir,
Good Initiative!
For past couple of years, plant based foods have gained attraction due to many reasons (Example reducing carbon footprints and sustainable food supply). So it is good time to go for it.
For a low quality use millet as a base.
Thank you