Gummies : Gelatin and pectin

Hi,
I’m trying to formulate gummies and i am having issues with texture. I want to mix pectin and gelatin. I’ll be pleased to have som help in production process. For now, I’m using water, sugar, syrup sugar, gelatin and citric acid. I plan to add glycerol too in order to reduce the stickness. I do not know when to add and which quantity to add.

Thanks in advance for your help

2 Likes

why do you use both pectin and gelatin?

you can add glycerol together main ingredients.

2 Likes

What texture are you talking sbout ,describe it clearly …

3 Likes

Texture i reached is too soft and sticky if gummies are not stored into fridge. I would like to get real gummies (not too hard, not too soft). A friend of mine brought me gummies from US, texture was perfect and the ingredients list was about gelatin + pectin. This is the reason why i though about mixing both of them (but each raw material need to be added at the specific time, specific temperature…). Do you know to do this ?

2 Likes

Do you known how much glycerol i need to add ? and when to add it ? (i already tried to add 1% to the mix water / sugar / glucise syrup, hope it was the right step to do)

1 Like

i am surprised why you put glycerin in gummies as its hygroscopic it promotes stickiness in the end product…
Whats your purpose in adding glycerin.
Gummies are mainly sugar, glucose, gelling agent, ( gelatin, pectin, thin boiling starch or combinations)., flavoring and colorant .

3 Likes

Adding glycerol was a recommandation from our flavor supplier.

2 Likes

What for…? whats their purpose in putting glycerin…
You dont put something in the formulation if it has no function…

If thats their recipe then you should ask them advise how to resolve the texture problem as they are the expert in that queer recipe

3 Likes