What do you use to measure of chocolate particle size?

What do you use to measure of chocolate particle size?

Grindometer?

Micrometer?

or

images from wikipedia.

I have used both previously; micrometer caliper and Hegman Gauge or grindometer…

1 Like

i have not used grindometer but i guess it is better then a micrometer especially for chocolate? Am i right?

nice technology :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually it depends upon the skill in using either devices .But I find Hegman gage to be more accurate…

1 Like

Micrometer will provide with the biggest particles size.
The more efficient is lazer diffraction

hi everyone ı used micrometre and PSD (particle size distribution). this insturments are very important for chocolate industries. both of them very usefull. when you want to use PSD and you can take percents of results your targets.

psd

ı think which one is better ofcourse PSD.

1 Like

PSD is nearer to the old fashioned Hegman gage than the micrometer as the hegman can show particle distribution by manual means.Unless your business is huge you can’t invest in very expensive Sophisticated devices using electronics to show results.

yes you can be right but we usually use it in liquor you know liquor include big size particle it has to be max 400 micron for us and we need to know paricle size distribution. ı think it is very important for this sector espacially befor the chocolate prosess.

1 Like

In chocolate liquor refining particle size are aggregates -of different particle sizes.
Wait …400 microns :smiley:…?
Is it not that gritty,? that just about 0.4 mm…Well refined chocolate should not be more than 30 microns and not lesser than 10 microns.

:slight_smile: ı guess you mixed chocolate and cacao liqour. this two process is very diffrent from each other. cacao liquor has to be max. 400 micron. for after. there are two steps. if you want to make cacao powder. you should go to diffrent process and you should make cacao cake and cacao oil with pressing. end of the cake process you can make cacao powder. second step is if you want to use like to be cacao liquor. your cacao liqour process has to be max. 400 micron. after that you can add to mixer. second step is pre refanier. end of the pre refanier you should get 150 mic. last step is roller and conghing. end of the roller what do you want to be size about chocolate. you can do it. for example 18 mic. 30. mic. etc.

2 Likes

I see its raw liqour or milled nibs , not the finished chocolate that I was implying Got it