Vegan cream liqueur

Hello,

I want to develop a vegan cream liqueur. Usually in the dairy cream liqueurs is used sodium caseinate, in the vegan alternative there is another ingredient to replace it? What is the real function of sodium caseinate? Someone could explain to me how to formulate this type of product to obtain a stable emulsion? thanks

2 Likes

it is one of main ingredients. protein source, bulking material etc.

what is your recipe? lets discus on it.

1 Like

@grely21

You want to formulate something without background study of the project including the function of components and formulation. and how to run that to completion. ?
Frankly speaking
You can’ achieve nothing with such total unprepatedness…

1 Like

Hello thanks for the reply. S I have studied some about this topic but I don’t understand why it is important the presence of proteins in a product like this. Other books tells that acts as emulsifier: so as emulsifier I’d like to use sodium stearoyl lactylate.

1 Like

Hello Roy I’m studying. But there are some things that are n ot written in books. Please if you could give somematerials about that I will really appreciate it. I want to improve my knowledge and for this I’m here in this forum.

1 Like

@grely21

qoute " i studied some".

Unfortunately you did not…as you did not learn more about the difference between the SSL and sodium caseinate…You only read books notvother sources .The web had many information what the latter can do. in formulation. You should have asked yoursef whst so special with caseinates that steeroyl lactylates cant do. Then searched itbout.
Background information search is not done lightly but comprehensively.
You came to be forum.as you want to be" spoon fed " what can replace the animal sources sodium caseinate which does not help your learning.

You have to understand the difference on chemistry betweem caseinates and stearoyl.lactylates which you can do if you just diligent enough to dig deeper in your information search…

You have to identify its s functionality and uniqueness in beverage formulation and search for alternatives that work in your project.

Do.more information work…
It should be easy with internet on your disposal…

1 Like