Pasta problem

we have problem in pasta line, some white color appeared inside the product, how we can resolve it

Looks like an uneven moisture distribution during mixing or uneven drying out of moisture resulting in opaque spots that appears white…?:thinking:

4 Likes

it could also be the heat generated in the unit, of overuse of machine, that dries up the pasta while passing through the extruder.

1 Like

I need the % of relative humidity in the two dryers, and the time that be inside

I have vacuum in the mixing tank, and cooling system in the extruder, I have high humidity in the dryer 85%, I will try to remove it to 40% by exauster, I need to remove the product mositure from 32 to 13 %

I need the range of % of relative humidity in the two dryers, and the Residence time of product inside the dryers

Uneven particle size of semolina could also yield white spots in your dried pasta…

I use white flour, not semolina, according to the feasibility study to our country…the White is cheaper than semolina

That make sense; flour based pasta due to low hydration can occasionslly have parts where flour is not well hydrated resulting in white spots in your pasta. You should look closely during the hydration during mixing process as that is where likely the fault originate…

My mixer regulated by water flow meter in 2 liter per min, the flow of flour is 400kg/hr, the mixer is work normaly good, the hymidity after mixing is 32%, the humidty of flour before add water is14%,

How about your flour Quality…is it always consistent…?if its not consistent, did you not adjust your machine parameters correspondingly… ?

The quality of flour is good and tested by consistographe, starch damage, gluten index, amylographe, infraneo, mixolab

Good and consistency or uniformity in quality characteristics are not the same…Flours often vary in protein,damaged starch, Freshly milled and aged flour don’t have the same hydration behavior .
I don’t believe Lebanon can give you all the time uniform flour all the time as wheat as bought by the mill often vary in quality due to price origin, variety and other factors.
There is no perfect flour…keep that in.mind You should always work and change parameters according to the flour you use.
If you ate stubborn to believe ,then stop asking assistance from here as the problem is your unwilling ness to check matters as suggested…
I tell you that white spots you see can only emanate from inconsistent hydration…

1 Like

I can share for you the testing results, by email, whatsapp…
I share it by message…check ur inbox
I have photo of problem… if u like to send it also

Look here if you don’t have in house chemical analysis and verify the flour mills documents then you’re unaware that what you receive is not often an accurate actual specification of that flour.
Part of my long career was working in the flour mill.No matter how hard the mill to provide customers with consistency in quality.Its difficult as wheat shipments is highly variable that varies constantly. in quality SO millers blend wheat and try to achieve targeted specification which often is not precise Its the sane thing in other parts of the world.
We got complaint from biscuit, bakery ,pasta and other flour users occasionally. due to that issue…
What you often received as COA does not always mean right on the dot So flour users had to adapt.

1 Like

I have seen the specification ,often they are company standards for their particular flour for a specific customer, or flour application.
From experience what the customer received when verified by in house chemical analysis is many times different from what is supplied by the flour Miller. OR ITS not exact in protein, wet and dry gluten as well as rheological properties like farinograph/extensograph
/amylograph of AACC or mixograph/ alveograph etc of the ICC standards for the flour that you received it deviates from the COA…
Even if they are using the same system from AACC or ICC…meaning what is listed in the COA is different from in house analysis.
To sum it up,to sort your problem monitor your mixing to see if there are inconsistencies, don’t rely on your machine readings investigate deeper the root cause of your problem from the beginning of your pasta manufacturing…