Partially hydrogenated fats or fully hydrogenated fats contain more trans fats

Partially hydrogenated fats or fully hydrogenated fats contain more trans fats. I am looking for a scientific study on this and I wonder your comment/knowladge.

Of course, it would be very good if it is in bakery products, but if not, what is your knowledge on this subject, can you help?

2 Likes

Its a common knowledge that partial hydrogenation creates trans fats than full hydrogenation. A book about fat chemistry and industrial fats chemistry would relate it
Even comprehensive food chemistry books tells about it
There are scattered references in the web ,if you onky care to search about it.pertaining to hydrogenation of fats …GO FIND IT…

1 Like

Seriously? The answer is go find some books and read them? Or, search for admittedly scattered result elsewhere on the internet? LOL

1 Like

this is really not a kind answer, not everyone is knowledgeable about everything and that’s why this forum exists. Of course, after the information here, I did a detailed research. The topic was actually more complicated for me when I posted the question, it’s irritating to have to explain it

1 Like

Hi Yasemin,

I hope you ended up with the answer on this.

If not, fully hydrogenated fats are totally saturated with hydrogen so that even the trans fats are converted to saturated and no double bonds remain.

Cheers,
Kevin