Is it possible making beer without aroma

Beer or alcohol have strong smell aroma . So would it be possible for us to make beer as a desired product with no aroma

@paras are you dead serious in your inquiry…?
That strong aroma primarily comes from combination malt hops added to the brew as well as .alcohol ,esters aldehydes etc ,the products of fermentation. The very reason why such beverage exist and the main selling point of it…
Now if you say without aroma., then you might be thinking of something similar to water…why bother making it complicated if you just want a flavorless tasteless beverage…
Even nonalcoholic beer had its own aroma…
Would you please explain more about your ridiculous objective?

3 Likes

Describe in detail the expected taste of your beer and what group of customers are you targeting at…?

No…i jst wanted to know it whether we can ir not
Actually a friend of mind was talking about it .if there is no aroma in beer how it would be…and now I’m all clear… it’s just a nonobjective question.

Certainly…your friend does not like beer simple as that.

1 Like

Yeah right

You cannot remove the aroma of beer but you can give new aroma to it by using different herbs and flower essences. You can also make herbal beer.

2 Likes

Herbal beer :beer:?

Your question is not clear to me. Are you asking what is herbal beer?

Yeah… I’m not aware of herbal beer
Is it something related to fruit beer

Herbal beer and wines are trending nowadays due to their phytochemical activities. You can infuse herbs or flower extracts to beer and make it herbal.

2 Likes

Okay …now I get it
Thank you

the style of beer called gruit was the beer available prior to hops and would be an herbal beer. there is a book called “sacred and herbal beers” that is a great and insightful read. personally i brew beers with chamomile, grains of paradise, black pepper, coriander, alongside hops.

no matter how simple a beer i create there is always aroma and that is a function of the ingredients. not sure if filtration tech could do it.