Is adaptogens and cannabinoids the next F&B trend?

Next trend in food and beverage? Check out the Food and Beverage Insider article: “Functional Beverages: UHT/HTST processing considerations for adaptogens & cannabinoids” by David Miles at MicroThermics. Wanna discuss this further? Come see us at Supply Side West in Las Vegas or reach out.

Functional Beverages: UHT/HTST processing considerations for adaptogens & cannabinoids

3 Likes

So nice, have gone through it

2 Likes

Not impressed with csnnabinoids…Many prople tried to sell that idea and product to me .I wont proverbially touch that with 10 foot pole. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Roy, I completely understand your perspective and thank you for replying to my post. The paper is more about the next trend in foods being adaptogens. Clients seem to be wanting their food to provide additional health benefits beyond nutrition. Cannabinoids are a more publicized, and the adaptogen industry will definitely mature far beyond that. MicroThermics manufactures equipment that helps to develop products that use continuous thermal processing. We just want to continue to promote its capabilities, especially in reference to upcoming food trends.

3 Likes

To answer the question in the post title: Yes.

That’s where we are headed. Consumers increasingly want more function out of their food and beverages.

3 Likes

I appreciate you responding to my post and agree completely with your viewpoint. The focus of the essay is on adaptogens as the upcoming trend in food. Customers appear to want their food to offer additional health benefits beyond nutrition. The industry for adaptogens will undoubtedly develop far beyond that of cannabinoids, which are currently receiving more attention. Equipment made by MicroThermics is used to create products that go through continuous thermal processing. We simply want to keep highlighting its advantages, especially in light of impending food trends.

1 Like