Just found this forum in google.
I have been trying to extend the shelf life of fresh alkaline wheat noodle / Asian noodle.
I know there are so many factors to extend the shelf life especially hygiene. Let me tell what I did so far.
- The drinking water was sterilized using ozone gas.
- The utensil and machine was cleaned before hand using cleaning agent.
- I am using Potassium Sorbate in the recipe
- The product packed with Modified Atmospheric Packaging / MAP method consist of CO2+N2 gas
- I put oxygen absorber just in case.
With all of this, I was able to extend the noodle to 7 days under room temperature condition. No odor, no mold, no significant color discoloration.
I am thinking to step up further to 1 months. I believe to achieve this I need some way to pasteurized the fresh noodle. Reducing moisture is way to go, but I don’t want to make it bone dry. I want to keep it about 20% moisture so it become semi-dry noodle.
is there any insight to do it so?
Thank in advance