How do we fortify orange juice

My query is how do we fortify orange juice with Vitamin D if vitamin D is a fat soluble vitamin. Won’t it only dissolve in polar solvents?

If someone has the procedure/method link plz provide.

1 Like

You could have saved more time waiting for someone to answer you, if you immediately did the Google search using keywords Fortification of fruit juice with Vitamin D or
" Fortificatiion of Orange Juice with Vitamin D"…
Easy peasy…:slightly_smiling_face:

why do you want to do this kind of fortification like having vitamin D with vitamin C. (I am not trying to understand the benefits of vitamin D).

It is becoming a new trend that food products are just fortified with any vitamins and minerals and finally put a label (in BIG letters) highlighting that it contains minerals and so so …Isnt there any measures to control this new trend- just attracting consumers with this kind of labelling? And with new product development it is even more prominent.
What is the rational behind using vitamin D along with vitamin C (when both are
having different solubility too).

1 Like

We wanted to make a multivitamin popsicle. But also I was curious about how they fortified orange juice with vitamin D in industries since it has been quite popular in the recent years.

I did but I didn’t get my answer.
I am guessing they put powdered form of vitamin d but I was wondering about the solubility of vit d in orange juice.
I searched but didn’t find the procedure of fortification of vit d in orange juice or form in which vit d is added (and solubilized). So ofc I came here after my Google visit, Mr genius. If someone has a link or info on it they can provide.

You did not think well enough beyond literal interpretation that ordinary vitamin D IS oil soluble. .
But What you need is water soluble or better cold water soluble version…:wink:

if you did some effort to search “cold water soluble vitamin D” or “beverage Vitamin D”, you find many sources
An example here.
Clear soluble Vitamin D for beverages…

1 Like