Dragees and its method

Can anyone explain how well could almond dragees and hazelnut dragees are made , and also procedure when to add shiner and quick lac to be precise the method please

2 Likes

You need an exacting and detailed information and , techniques on it, then you had to hire a confectionery consultant…

2 Likes

Mr Roy thank you for ur response , could u help me on that

3 Likes

Can u plz explain what goes first and last
… one by one in the composition of chocolate making yes ofcourse cocoa butter would be initiall , what next

2 Likes

I could give you some technical books for confectionary products and chocolate technology if you want to, they do explain the processes involved extensively with technical details.
I don’t think i can upload it here as it would be against copyright rules of this site but i could email them for you if you want to or you could buy them if you can afford them:
“Chocolate science and technology”
“Industrial chocolate manufacture and use”
“Technology of coated and filled chocolate, confectionary and bakery products”

1 Like

You dont need to buy any food science library coild have any or some of those books mentioned.

1 Like

Not in my country

1 Like

There are scattered ebooks of that title or similar subject that you can dig in the web…You just need diligence to find it.

1 Like

Yeah you are right, only if there was a website or forum for food scientists and technicians to share their experience with each other rather than digging around the web for “bits of information”…

1 Like

The true problem of current generation of food professionals is their abject laziness…
They have the resources at their fingertips ( computer/ smartphone and internet ) but they still want to be spoonfed with information by other people…How can they possibly learn with such an abominable attitude…,?
.What a shame…!

During our time we rely on books and paper journals ,but no computer no internet…
,we have to go library to dig for much needed information…There is so much work to do and we have a deadline to beat.

But now even at comfort of your gadget you can find information so easily…And you still want to ask other people for information you can find by yourself.?

1 Like

To be honest, what you say makes a lot of sense.
Now that i think about it i have a lot more to study and experience before i could call myself an expert in anything.

1 Like

To make chocolate

1. Cocoa beans (Cocoa seeds fermented and dried) must be roasted.
  2. after roast, must be broken in small parts (nibs of Cocoa) and separated of the thin “skin”
  3. Nibs will be grinder (like coffee beans) for Cocoa mass or very very pressed for to do cocoa butter and cocoa powder.
  4. in melanger (stone wheels grinder) we put cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter and milk powder/coconut milk powder/ soybean lecithine (as your recipe says) and let It grind for 2 or 3 days.
  5. When grains are imperceptible, very smooth, chocolate is ready for take a rest. After this, we “tempered” It (process to organize cocoa butter in correct cristalization) and put on mold :wink: