Cream cheese

Can you tell me influense of additieves in production of cream cheese? Guar gum,carageenan,tara gum,locus beem gum i etc…

1 Like

I guess this are thickners… they just improve your mouthfeel

2 Likes

Quality cream cheese had minimal additives ,only some stabilize /thickener like locust bean gum .

2 Likes

Substancje o których piszesz to stabilizatory . Ich zadaniem jest ustabilizowanie masy topionej by była bardziej zwarta, ograniczają lepkość sera oraz zwiększają rzujność. Mogę podesłać na maila opracowania naukowe na ten temat. Niestety w języku polskim.

1 Like

State it in English please

2 Likes

Emulsifiers and thickening agents are mostly used in the production of low fat cream cheese. If you get out the milk fat there it will be an increase in moisture and protein. In this case they could use for eg. a combination of CMC and xanthan gum, one used as a texturizer and the other for chewiness, flavour.

3 Likes

Hello Sir Roy, I saw your comments in one topic here about cream cheese. I assumed you have industry experience in manufacturing one. I am from a government-funded processing facility that helps local small enterprises in food processing. I would like to know more about the basics of manufacturing cream-cheese, we ought to develop one from Carabao’s Milk.

1 Like

Why bother with complexities,there are many DIY recipes of cream cheese in the web…

2 Likes