Lab / Test to identify mono - and polysaccharides

Hi!
Does anyone know of an affordable option for identifying the monosaccharides / polysaccharides in a gum?
I have a gum that I can’t source anymore from the supplier. We’ve tried lots of possible replacements but no winners. I was thinking we could get a sample analyzed for its structure so that we can reverse engineer the original.
Thanks!!

Hi,

I think it’s not so easy. Maybe you can find some signs, but they will not be enough to solve the entire recipe.

@Roy What do you think?

Thanks for the thoughts.
Are you saying that the finding what the polysaccharides are will not be easy or are you saying the reverse engineering won’t be easy?
If the former, please say more about the tests.
If the latter, we’re ok with it not being a perfect approach. The information from the tests are more to guide the way / eliminate things we shouldn’t work on.

i say finding polysaccharides types will not be easy.

and maybe you can find types but notice that a lot of ingredients can transform to different types during process. So results can be misleading.

What Gum is that…there are already a spectrum of carbohydrate components of hydrocolloids…If you cant identify that gum then youre groping in the dark.