Preservatives in baked product

We’ve formulated a product that is high protein and is baked. There is about 20% water in the raw product (we haven’t measured how much is baked out yet). It grew mold in about 4 days. I need some good options for preservatives. I’m afraid citric acid would add a sour taste, and may degrade when it’s baked. What are some other options?
We prefer natural and organic for this formulation but if it’s a low amount it may be ok.

1 Like

hello jessicarkarr
In the product formulation you will make, if you use sorbitol and alphatocoperole. you both connect the water and naturally protect the product. I can help you more if you say the entries in the formulation you made. Please send details to info@alicardak.com

1 Like

Generally the baked product will have 9% maximum and 1.5% minimum moisture content presents,And for complete solution you can contact us at 9824930108 or mail at narendrabhiwadi@gmail.com, B.kumar Food consultancy services , www.foodconsultantindia.com, my client is in germany with baked product, and solved the shelf life as per EU.

1 Like