Preservatives in baked product

We’ve formulated a product that is high protein and is baked. There is about 20% water in the raw product (we haven’t measured how much is baked out yet). It grew mold in about 4 days. I need some good options for preservatives. I’m afraid citric acid would add a sour taste, and may degrade when it’s baked. What are some other options?
We prefer natural and organic for this formulation but if it’s a low amount it may be ok.

1 Like

hello jessicarkarr
In the product formulation you will make, if you use sorbitol and alphatocoperole. you both connect the water and naturally protect the product. I can help you more if you say the entries in the formulation you made. Please send details to [email protected]

1 Like

Generally the baked product will have 9% maximum and 1.5% minimum moisture content presents,And for complete solution you can contact us at 9824930108 or mail at [email protected], B.kumar Food consultancy services , www.foodconsultantindia.com, my client is in germany with baked product, and solved the shelf life as per EU.

1 Like

IF it’s a bread, then adding propionates, glycerol , using live sourdough starter as main leavening agent ,bakers yeast is just little ,just to hasten proofing. Then spraying the properly baked product with dilute service acid solution.then cooled in clean room environment, subjected to modified atmosphere packaging, will greatly enhance your product shelf life.