Personal Career development

Hi, I am recent master graduate in Food Process Engineering and I would like to specialize in food safety and would like to become food safety auditor. Apart from the Internal and External audit courses, what are the courses I can pursue to see development in my career. Need some advice!!!

1 Like

Best is to check with your Country related Food regulations website, Food authority etc. However one may require experience with food services industry, or hospitals or food companies or SMEs (or any such related field), where you can perform internal audits after you gain ground knowledge. Further apply for external auditor course, and depending on the number of hours you get to audit (or depending on how it works in your country), you could become an external auditor.
On a general note, i felt auditor courses are only basics, but experience matters a lot, for example with a country based agency who do this regularly.
This is also probably an area that offer huge job scope for upcoming graduates, due to the current covid (reasons and food safety, hygiene matters become even more crucial). Hope that helps

1 Like

That is so helpful and I received some clarity. I am currently working as a Quality Assurance Officer in a good food industry in Australia and when I was thinking for what to do next, I have million options but bit confusing what to choose. Thanks for your help. Please provide links for any certification courses.

You can check following : 1. FSSC 22000 V5/ISO 22000:2018 – FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (FSMS) – LEAD AUDITOR TRAINING COURSE
02. ISO 22000:2018 – FOOD SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS – INTERNAL AUDITOR TRAINING COURSE

1 Like

Thank you @Mohiuddin.

U working in Australia any jobs their. Iam completed M. SC FOOD PROCESSING. I HAVE 7 to 8 Years experience.

Dear madam,

Any vacency in Australia means pls refer me.