KIND/Clif nut butter filled nutrition bar

I am developing nut butter filled nutrition bar similar to KIND/or Clif chocolate peanut butter filled energy bars.

Can some one please help me how to extrude this product and best way to fill the peanut butter into the center. How exactly it can be formed and fill the center with jam/peanut butter or other fillings.

This is the product I am trying to make —

Thanks,
Kunal Wadhwani

1 Like

Thats done by coextrusion where the cookie base in the outer part and the filling in the jnner part and as it flows out simultaneously from the extruder the filled cookie dough. just like the common fig bars…

2 Likes

Thanks Roy. Is a baked or non-baked? Also in terms of binding all ingredients I am using corn starch and glucose along with other liquids like brown rice syrup, glycerine ,palm oil, and honey. But still once It’s formed as a dough, as soon as I try to sheet the dough it falls apart. It is way too short. So what can be the solution?Appreciate your help!

1 Like

Whear flour is what create superior binding…Bar cookies are baked…

2 Likes

As the bench mark product has no wheat flour as an ingredient so I wont be able to use that. So I am relying on just liquids/syrups, starches and Gum acacia as well which can help me to bind ingredients.

1 Like

Then if you’re not open to wheat flour, then you follow the gluten-free part using alternative proteins to create structure…Carbohydrates alone is insufficient…
Gums and syrups produce loose structure…If yiu are still stubborn not to use protein then continue playing with your limited option…:laughing:

1 Like