Career help

Though I’m just a student till now and each & everyone on this platform is more experienced than me, I would like to ask from everyone in this group that what are some activities that can I do besides my academics in food science and nutrition to ensure a better career in Nutrition and research field.

1 Like

May be first thing first: Your quote " my academics in food science and nutrition to ensure a better career in Nutrition and research field".
As a student you may want to try to understand what topics come under ‘food science’ category and what topics come under ‘nutrition’, though they are related.
Secondly, * career in ‘nutrition and research field’* - why did you avoid food science here even when you are a food sci & nutrition student. Or may be, can you try to differentiate between the two: The career of a ‘nutritionist’ versus ‘food technologist’ – what is the difference? Or how different are the job functions of both of these people…These are simple facts to be cleared off technically. Hope that helps.

@Abhishek16
Hello, I’m a student too so you are not the most inexperienced person here :slight_smile:
Have you thought about emailing professors in nutrition at your institution and ask about volunteer opporunities in their labs? Some of them may appreciate additional help outside of their lab and that could be a good opportunity for you to learn about their research. That’s how I got into my masters with my current professor, though I’m not in nutrition.

Xiaoqin